International Students

Eligibility & Visa Requirements

Internships, Teaching, Post-Completion Visa Extension

International students interested in a paid internship or teaching experience need to apply for F-1 CPT (Curricular Practical Training) authorization well in advance. International PiN graduates may also be eligible for a post-completion F-1 STEM OPT (Optional Practical Training). Interested students should contact HIO advisor Jennifer Havlicek by email or using the HIO online appointment scheduler


A limited number of external fellowships are available for international students, depending on their country of citizenship. Examples include Autism speaks, AAUW (American Association of University Women), and Faculty for the Future (for international students from developing countries). International students interested in applying for an external fellowship can contact Alex Shimada-Brand, the DMS Fellowships Coordinator. Alex offers one-on-one advising for all DMS students.